Saturday, April 2, 2016

Behind The Scenes

   As I mentioned in my most recent posting, Catalina and I filmed our opening today and I wanted to share some of my thoughts and behind the scenes footage!
 
   For starters, I am a little concerned because we do not have the title of our film yet. We have spoken about it several times and today we were sharing some of our ideas but we simply can't come up with one that speaks to us. We have come to the realization that we are really interested in one-word titles that will represent out film but we seem to be having a bit of a struggle. I'm contributing to think and I know Catalina is as well, so I shall you keep you updated if anything great comes to mind.   In terms of filming, I can easily say that Catalina and I did tried our best to make sure that the shots portrayed an individual with OCD and that the audience has the capability of understanding of perceptions. Although we did film almost everything today, we still have to include a few significant parts to our film. We still have to include voice overs that will represent out main characters thoughts as she completes her routinely tasks.

For instance, this is a shot that we filmed today. Keep in mind that we still need to edit and add the music and voice overs for this scene! In this clip, our main character is in the process of completing her everyday routine, specifically after she completes that task of intensely washing her hands. This shot will work as a transition between her tasks and thoughts. While she finishes washing her hands,  she is interpreted by the imperfect positioning of the soap and toothbrush holder and is frustrated when it's not the way she'd like it and therefore changes it. She then looks at her mirror and sighs due to her contemplation. It is at this moment that we will edit in vice overs that will signify her thoughts and her talking to herself in the mirror. An example of these thoughts will be "Don't make any mistakes today" repeatedly, in addition to other comments and counting.




This is only a small portion of our film but will play an important role in the overall product. I simply just wanted to share an example of what we did today as well as our plans for when we edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment