Friday, March 18, 2016

A Work In Progress

   Over the last few days I have been asking my peers, friends, and family memebers about their opinions on the OCD film opening and they all seem to like the idea! I feel so much more comfortable knowing that this is a topic people would enjoy watching while at the same time, I could have fun making! I have been thinking about the ways in which we could actually create this opening and these are some of the ideas Catalina and I discussed together, as well as some others I thought of over the week!

   Catalina and I both decided a great way to incorporate the obsessive habits and actions of our main character, will be filming in the morning right as the individual wakes up. We have made this decision because we believe that starting the film off right in the beginning of the day demonstrates that this order immediately affects the individual and continues throughout the day. I also believe that using a female will be another great feature in assisting us to relate the message that teenagers now a days are striving to be perfect. Especially teenage girls because they are so conscious about their physical appearance and the way the appear to others. 

   Some of the shots that we are thinking to include in the film that portray Obsessive-compulsive disorder are: 
       -Immediately after waking up the individual will turn to their side and turn on the lamp approximately 3 times. 
       -Individual will then put on slippers 3 times 
       - Bed will be made with exact precision and caution (after making it, goes back to fix one pillow to make it perfect) 
       -Turns on light to room 3 times as they make their way to the bathroom 
       -Fixes frame in bathroom to be perfectly straight 
       -Brishes teeth 3 times for an exact amount of time using a timer 
       -Walks to closet where everything is perfectly coordinated 

   When creating this opening, I definitely want to ensure that those watching understand that the individual suffers from Obsessive-cumpulsive disorder and therefore everything has to be done the exact same way and perfect. On the other hand, I definitely do not want this opening to be too repititve and boring. I think Catalina and I definitely need to brainstorm idea on how we can verify that this piece is interesting and still relays our message. I also believe that we have such a large message for a simple opening, therefore we need to make an effort to incorporate our theme or message without giving away too much or coming across as overwhelming. 

   This is all definitely a work in progress but it I surely coming along!                                               

                                              
       



1 comment:

  1. Hey Lianna,
    I think that the topic of ocd is a great idea, but at the same time a challenging one. I think the way you're incorporating your ideas is well set and creative as well. I would even look better if you show some videos of a person with ocd, but either way it's really good!

    ReplyDelete