Saturday, March 12, 2016

Team Work Makes the Dream Work

   Yesterday Catalina and I met with three other students from our class to discuss the beginnings of our projects. I really enjoyed being able to meet with other individuals because it allowed me to ask questions, while at the same time receiving feedback. I informed them about some of the ideas Catalina and I have so far and some of the results I'd like to get out of this project. They were very understanding that we are still in the process of establishing what exactly we'd like to do but nonetheless, they encouraged us to research several genres and eventually choose one that we can really connect with and feel like we would be able to excel in.
 
   To my surprise, that piece of advice really got me thinking. I believe that by accumulating more knowledge on fictional genres, I will then be able to pick one or two that I am greatly interested in and dedicate a large portion of my time to investigating these two categories. I think a key factor for me when looking for a genre to choose, is that I personally have to feel as if there is potential in it for me to succeed. One of my biggest goals for this project is to fully understand my genre and the criteria needed to create this style of film.  I am a strong believer in the concept that once I understand what I want to produce, it will then be easier for the viewers to interpret what I am portraying.  With that being said, I will focus on researching fictional genres to hopefully aid Catalina and I in making progress for our film.

   All in all, I am very appreciative for the advice our classmates gave us and truly hope to use their tips when creating our film. I also found our interaction with them to be a success because I was also able to give them advice on their assignments and share my perspectives with them. I found it so intriguing hearing all of their creative ideas and plans for their projects. I can't wait to see what everyone creates!



No comments:

Post a Comment