Saturday, March 26, 2016

What's Next?

   As my spring break slowly winds down, I am beginning to put myself back into work mode and prepping for the things that need to be done for our film within the next couple of weeks. Here's a quick to-do list I came up with so Catalina and I can stay on track once we get back to school on Monday!

   1. For starters we need to create our storyboard! We now know what our film is going to be about and have a few visions on how we would like to approach it... We simply need to collaborate our ideas to create one vision and transfer that to paper. I strongly believe that once we have this done, it will make the filming process go a lot quicker and will be more efficient.
   2. Casting!! The next step for us will be looking for an individual to be in our opening. At this point in time, I believe that the most important thing we need to remember is that we want the audience to feel connected to our character and with the disorder. Therefore, while we search for an individual we should look for someone who has the capability of genuinely appearing as if they have OCD and can portray all sorts of emotions. As of now I do not believe that we are looking for any specific qualities or characteristics in an individual so it shouldn't be terribly difficult to find an actor.
   3. Last but not least is filming! After we complete steps one and two we can now move on to filming and creating our opening. Although I only listed two steps prior to this, I do think that we need to make sure we are properly prepared and organized before we begin to film. Personally, I think it's very important that Catalina and I have a large understanding of the opening we'd like to create because it will allow us to be more focused when filming. This will also allow us to have the confidence to make any sort of changes when filming because we want our vision to be executed perfectly and smoothly!

   Although I only mentioned three important steps, I am fully aware that there are several tasks Catalina and I still have to complete for this project. For instance, things such as finding the perfect music, setting, mise en scène elements, etc... I believe that all of these steps go hand in hand and correlate with each other in one way or another. As a result of this, once we   establish the basis for our film, like the storyboard, a lot of our questions/concerns will be addressed or answered  in other parts of our work process. I am a little worried because I simply want everything to go smoothly and turn out perfectly and sometimes I find myself getting frazzled over the littlest things. But at the end of the day I have to remember to stay positive and always put as much effort as I possibly can to create a great opening!!

1 comment:

  1. I think that you are on the right track with your project and blog postings. Make sure you begin your storyboard soon so you know what type of characters you will need to find for your film, and exactly where and how you are going about filming it. After the storyboard you can begin finding actors and preparing to film.

    ReplyDelete