Saturday, March 19, 2016

More About Film Openings!

   
   Now that Catalina and I have established what exactly our film opening will be about, I've decided to conduct some research on some of the qualities needed to create a good opening to be our basis before we begin the process. We have a pretty large understanding of what we would like to create, we just need to figure out how we can portray our visions within the film opening.  This is where research comes into play... I strongly believe that with the help of some sources, we will be able to gather some tips and notes to use as guidance when integrating the content and filming of our project. 

   Below are two tips that I have gathered and think are important to keep in mind when creating a film opening: 
      1.Introduce your protagonist as soon as possible
          -Personally, I think this is a very important tip to follow! Due to the fact that Catalina and I chose to go down the Drama route, it is vital for us to introduce our main character starting from the beginning because most of the film will be about them and the conflicts they are encountering. In our situation, introducing the character is of great importance because the individual will be defined by their OCD and By their thoughts, actions, and fears. 
    2.Create conflict immediately
          Creating the conflict in the film opening holds great significance because it sets the basis for the rest of the film. The conflict needs to be incorporated into the opening because it introduces all features of the film to the viewer and informs them. In our opening, I definitely want to create the conflict in the opening and relay our message. My goal is to create the conflict within the opening without giving away too much information! 

   As I stated in my previous blog, I do plan on researching Obsessive-compulsive disorder in more depth. My teacher gave me two resources that she believes will help me understand the disorder better. The first one is a book called "Kissing Doorknobs" which is about a teenage girl who suffers from OCD. The next is a movie called "What About Bob?". I'm not quite sure what this movie is about but I'm excited to look into it! 


Mind When Writing Your Opening Scene." ScreenCraft. N.p., n.d. Web.

   

1 comment:

  1. The posts are VERY detailed and it seems like your process of creating this film project is well organized. It's good that you cited your research, but I think you need more visuals to compliment all the writing. Maybe add research about similar drama film openings and analyze what they do and why. This may also help you create a better film opening for your project. I loved all the posts and think they are very well thought-out with the listing, adding a video, etc. It is very clear as to what path you are on to completing this project!

    ReplyDelete