Friday, March 18, 2016

One Small Step At a Time

    Just a few days ago my partner, Catalina, approached me with a new idea for our film opening. I really like the idea so I thought I'd share it with you guys!
 
   The film opening will be about an individual suffering from OCD, also known as Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. OCD is characterized by unreasonable thoughts and fears (obsessions) that lead to compulsive behaviors. Catalina stated that her thought process behind this idea was that often times attention and emphasis is placed on eating disorders such as Anorexia, Bulimia, etc... But other disorders, like OCD tend to be over looked by individuals. Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a disease that affects individuals of all ages for years or even a lifetime. There is no cure for OCD but treatment is utilized to help the individual suffering from OCD.

   I believe that I'm really interested in this idea because I genuinely feel like there is more to this topic. Since the beginning of this project I knew that I wanted to create something that eminates a significant message and connects to the viewers emotions, and I strongly believe that this opening has the capability of doing just that! Since Obsessive-compulsive disorder is characterized by uncontrollable thoughts and actions, sometimes triggered by a fear of something, I think that our film opening can symbolize today's society. Now a days everyone has the fear of not being perfect. Individuals today are so addicted to the idea of coming across to others as perfect, whether it may be their appearance, personality, or even just their lifestyle... So much to the point where teenagers are doing everything in their control to be as perfect as possible without realizing the consequences this has on themselves, physically and mentally.

   I plan on completing further research on Obsessive-compulsive disorder and the affects it has on individuals, as I want to get a full understanding on this topic. I also plan on asking my family memebers and friends about  their perceptions of this idea and how they feel would be the best route of portraying this topic. I'm feeling a bit more calm and confident in this project because I believe that were making progress, one small step at a time!

"Obsessive-compulsive Disorder." - Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment