Thursday, March 10, 2016

Let's Get This Party Started

Hello and welcome to my blog!
   This week officially marks the beginning of an interesting journey ahead as my partner Catalina and I unite our thoughts and ideas to create an opening for a film. We are beyond excited to begin the process and genuinely can't wait to see what's in store for us!

   Although, it has come to my realization that I seem to be a lot more lost than expected. I know that I want to create a piece that has significance, a piece that gets people thinking, a piece that myself and others can relate to , and overall a piece that I can truly say I am proud of. The only problem... I'm not necessarily sure how. I find myself constantly referring back to genre because I believe that it will be a key factor in our opening. I want to be able to fully understand the genre we are representing. This way we can tell our story, using a variety of techniques, in a more cohesive and detailed manner that our viewers will be able to grasp. I plan on conducting research for different genres to help me eventually create the plot for our film and further going into depth on how we can present that plot. As of now Catalina and I are interested in two genres, romance and mystery. We are both interested in romance and we believe that it's something that many individuals find to be relatable. We also like the genre mystery because it has the capability of being unpredictable and can really be interesting. These genres are not set in stone and we definitely plan on expanding our options list.

   I've never done an assignment like this before so it does in a way scare me because I want everything to turn out great and to always perform to the best of my ability. Despite my nerves, I am approaching this project with a completely positive and optimistic mindset. I think that by beginning this assignment with an optimistic outlook, we will start the project on good terms and do everything in our control to create a great opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment